Embedded Systems Hardware Designer - Mid-Level
Orlando, FL area (not remote)
Birket Engineering, Inc. is an electrical engineering firm and control systems integrator focused on the development of control systems for the world’s leading theme parks and entertainment venues since 1984. Our creative, design, engineering and fabrication teams work together with our clients to produce the safest, and some of the best loved, themed entertainment projects for locations worldwide. We design systems for ride control, show control, animation control, special effects, audiovisual, show lighting, specialty lighting and pyrotechnics. Our equipment may be found in every Universal Studios and Walt Disney Company park.
Our Embedded and Product Development Team is looking for a hardware engineer that is both bold and practical to join us in implementing cutting edge technologies to create embedded electronics designs. Under general direction, is responsible for designing, specifying and documenting embedded electronics systems including power management for both digital and analog circuits, authoring firmware, prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting down to the component level of printed circuit boards. As a member of our cross-functional team, provides technical support for existing products, including quality assessment and product improvement activities.
In our Winter Garden, FL office. Not remote work
- Technical Competency commensurate with BSEE Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Specific required experience:
- Embedded systems hardware and software design: 5 years
- Design of mixed-signal circuits, board bring-up, testing and validation of hardware designs using standard test equipment and signal analyzers
- Printed Circuit Board design as part of a cross-functional team with a focus on designing for manufacturability
- An ideal candidate for this role will also have professional experience with:
- Hardware design and software development for embedded vision systems
- Developing, testing, and debugging firmware using C programming and familiarity with RTOS
- Edge computing and Internet of Things systems including Linux-based single board computers and system-on-modules
- Power management circuits and device interfaces such as UART, SPI, I2C, ADC
- Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and Embedded Development Kits for ideation, proof-of-concept and rapid prototyping
- Birket engineers work around the world. Extended travel may be required both domestically and internationally.
- You must be either a citizen of the U.S., or a citizen of Canada or Mexico and eligible for a professional work visa (either TU or TN) under the terms of the United States, Mexico, Canada Agreement (USMCA trade agreement). We will not consider sponsorship for any other work visa at this time.”
- If you do not meet the education or experience requirements or require sponsorship to be eligible to work, please do not respond to this recruitment.