Award-winning Birket Engineering has provided electrical hardware and software solutions to the world’s finest attractions and related industries since 1984.
Birket designs, assembles, programs, installs and commissions critical projects to meet the industry’s highest life-safety requirements.
In the Orlando area since 1991, Birket engineers and managers also staff offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Shanghai.
We are recognized as the leading developer of custom control systems for spectacular shows and high performance rides.
Birket often is contracted to write specifications and project guidelines, and test systems as an independent advisor to the owner. Our quarter century of design experience has also led to unique solutions for process control, building monitoring and control, rigging control, and information management systems.
- Division: Birket Specialty Lighting provides custom lighting products and services for iconic architecture and themed applications.
- Affiliate company: ITMation, Hong Kong, providing control system design and assembly services.
- Licensed: Professional Engineering Services (FL EB006066)
- Licensed: Electrical Specialty Contractor (FL ES1200256)
- Developer: Ride control system for world’s first linear induction motor (LIM) – launched roller coaster
- Assembly shop: ETL Testing Laboratories listed for UL-508 compliance for panel assembly; able to provide labeling required for most jurisdictions
- Serves: National Fire Protection Agency’s Technical Committee on Special Effects
- Patent: US # 5,015,933; seat-base motion controller
- Patent: US # 7,493,859; System and method for zero latency distributed processing of timed pyrotechnic events